May 11, 2010

Etched Parfait Glass Project

I have been wanting to try glass etching for a while. This is my first attempt and I think it turned out pretty good. I used my Cricut to cut out 2 designs from vinyl. The picture above shows the software I use to help layout my Cricut designs.
After the vinyl was cut I placed it on the parfait cups. Make sure there is a little space around the image to allow for the etching cream to over lap. I used Armour Etch and a sponge brush to apply it to the cups.
Dab on the etching cream pretty heavily and let it stay on the glass for at least 5 minutes. (the bottle says to only leave it on for 1 minute but 5 minutes worked better for me) Don't worry about using too much of the etching cream. More is better. After 5 minutes I scraped the excess etching cream back into the bottle. It can be used again and again. The the glass needs to be washed off under running water and then the vinyl can be removed.
And... this is what ya get. This is the finished product. Love this project. It is very fast and easy. It literally took me no more than 20-30 minutes from start to finish. Gotta love that!
Happy Etching!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I have used paint to give glass an etched look, but this sound pretty easy so I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say how much I enjoyed it. Thanks for your posts. I am now a follower here. I will be back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year to you all, All the Best.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and informative blog post..thank you for the post..Windows Raleigh NC

    ReplyDelete