Anywho, I had the great idea that I was going to preserve some memories of my sweet babies by dipping their little feet in wet paint, stamping their foot prints on paper and framing it. Well, this is easier said than done, let me tell ya. This took several attempts to get the perfect prints from each kid. It was a very messy job, but I am pleased with the outcome.
I used acrylic paints with a metalic finish. Next to each set of foot prints I hand wrote each child's name and age in pencil. Then I carefully measured and calculated how big my three openings needed to be in my mat board and I cut the mat myself. I went to Home Depot and had them cut the glass for me to fit my picture frame. Then, here is the part that stumped me, I wasn't sure how to put it all together because the frame I bought was an open backed frame and therefore didn't have the removeable back piece that easily popped back in place. So, unfortunately this project got set aside and forgotten about until this past weekend. I came across it and decided to figure this out once and for all.
Turns out all I needed were some glazing points and a self leveling hanger. So, after a trip to Hobby Lobby, a quick lesson from the lady in the framing department and about 15 minutes with the hammer the project was finally complete. Wow!!! I hope I don't ever let another project get so far off track again.