April 25, 2009


Www.diyideas.com has the best ideas for do-it-yourself projects. I have such a love of projects that I can do myself at home. I feel such a sense of pride and accomplishment when I finish something. All of these fun projects make my house feel more like a home and that makes them all worthwhile to me.

I especially like this idea that I found on diyideas.com. They had the great idea to use a ceiling medallion as a picture frame. I love it! Here's what they had to say:

Use Ceiling Medallions as Frames

When you see what’s framing these pretty still-life china plates, you may be surprised to find ceiling medallions. Easy to find in a variety of sizes, the composite fixtures are designed to dress up the ceiling plates of chandeliers. We opted to mount dinner plates in the centers using E6000, a strong adhesive. To ensure that the glue would create a good bond, we marked off the area where the back of each plate would touch and painted only outside it.

What a great idea! I can't wait to try it. I would love to see your pictures if you decide to try it. Please leave a link to your pictures for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment