April 13, 2009

I Love My Job

Another great saying that reminds me why I do what I do.

"Do what you like and like what you do".

I don't think I would be very successful at a job that I didn't enjoy. My performance would be status quo at best. I would not want to get myself out of bed in the mornings to spend my day doing something that I don't enjoy. The quality of my work would not be top notch because, lets face it, I would probably do just what I had to do to get a paycheck and then I would get the heck out of dodge. The thought of going "above and beyond" my specific tasks would not be very appealing without either a strong motivator, like money, or actually liking what I was doing.

Thank goodness I have found something that I really enjoy. Now the process of making my new venture turn a profit begins. I am taking a chance and trying to create a prosperous business of my own. I enjoy being my own boss, making my own hours and having the flexibility to still be there for my kids when they need me. Having three kids under the age of 9 is a job and a half on it's own. They are very demanding and require a lot of me, so I have been able to find something that allows me the freedom to do both. I have always had a love of anything personalized. Well, I have built a website that markets personalized silver jewelry and gifts. You can check out my venture at www.wildflower-lane.com. It is a work in progress and is growing every day. It is so exciting and rewarding to see all the hard work starting to pay off.

I did it!

I love my job!

Check it out and let me know what you think. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment