April 21, 2009

Great Canvas Painting Idea


I love the idea of multiple canvases making up a "complete" work of art. What a clever idea. I recently found this great idea on my favorite DIY site... www.diyideas.com Here's what they had to say:
Paint Four Separate Canvases

For a big, bloomin’ wall display, buy three 12x12-inch canvases and a 16x20-inch canvas at a crafts or art supply store. Paint flowers on the square ones and a large vase on the rectangular canvas. Color the shapes with a palette of blue, green, yellow-orange, white, and gray. Add details in dark brown using an artist’s round brush

Obviously you could adapt this to your own color palette. Be creative and have fun with it. Maybe even let the kids try their hand at it. I'm going to let my kids try this over the summer. I'll paint a vase and each one of my three kids can paint a flower. This will be great wall art for their playroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment