January 29, 2010

Circut Appliques

I have been wanting to try this for a while. I think that appliques are so cute. My first attempt a few months ago was unsuccessful to say the least. Recently I came across some much better instructions so I decided to give it another try.
Step 1: iron Wonder Under to the back side of your fabric.



Step 2: Stick the fabric onto your (very) sticky Cricut cutting mat and cut out your design. Your blade depth should be set at 6, pressure on high (5)and the speed on low (2).

Step 3: Peel the backing off of the Wonder Under and place your cut out where you want it. I put mine on a t-shirt for my daughter.

Step 4: Iron the applique for about 15 seconds with a damp cloth over it. The cloth should be dry when it is done.
All Done!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds simple enough and turns the plain t-shirt into something special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you put the iron on paper before you cut it. I am thinking about making a cheer shirt for my daughter. Thanks for sharing!!
    http://scrap-a-tude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn - I did put the iron on paper on before I cut it. I also found it more helpful the put the fabric face down on the cutting mat while cutting it out.

    ReplyDelete